Sunday, June 24, 2007

Big Brother is Watching!

Okay, it's not really Big Brother, it's Google Analytics. I've added some code - don't ask me how, I just did what Google told me to - to my blog and now I can track the traffic that I'm getting. It's actually a pretty cool service but at the moment it's kind of depressing to see how few hits I'm getting. Of course only a few people know about my blog - or about my book The Gender Divide - right now but as I let more people know about it I can see what kind of impact I'm having.

I also added a Links section and a chat box - think of it as being able to comment on the whole blog rather than just one entry at a time. It's actually pretty easy to do that and I have Google to thank for it. The chat box is provided by Tag Board but Google makes it easy to put all of this together.

Anyway now I can see all sort of neat stats about what kind of traffic I'm getting, which sites it's coming from, how long people are staying, etc. So visit often and stay a while.

Big Brother - oops, I mean David

No comments: